A search for a stolen golf cart turned up that and much more in Berkeley County this week. Now, sheriff's deputies have seized several stolen guns and illegal drugs, and taken out warrants for a suspect.
The Berkeley County Sheriff's Office says Danzel Rubin Willis , 25, of Moncks Corner is wanted on three counts of possession of a stolen handgun, and one count each of possession of stolen property, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime and trafficking in cocaine base.
Warrants for Willis were drawn after a deputy following up on a tip about a stolen St. Stephen golf cart found it at a home in Pineville. The elderly woman living there said the golf cart was there when she recently got out of the hospital, and directed deputies to Willis's address nearby.
There, deputies reportedly found parts off the stolen golf cart in plain view, so they got a search warrant for the home. Inside, deputies found several guns, ammunition and drugs.
One of the guns was S.C. Dept. of Natural Resources service weapon, which had been reported stolen.
Following is a list off the items deputies located inside the home:
- 102 gross grams of a white powdery substance that field tested presumptive to be cocaine.
- 2 grams of a green plant like material that field tested presumptive to be marijuana
- 1 Benelli Super Black Eagle II shotgun that had been reported stolen out of St. Stephen
- 1 Remmington 870 Super Mag 12 Gauge shotgun
- 45 rounds of 40 caliber ammunition
- 43 .22 caliber super speed hollow point bullets
- 1 extended magazine containing 7 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition
- 1 magazine with 14 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition
- 1 empty magazines
- 1 Springfield Armory XD .40 caliber pistol that had been reported stolen out of St. Stephen
- 1 Glock 22 .40 caliber pistol with South Carolina DNR stamped on it that had been stolen out of Berkeley County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction
- 1 Streamlight flashlight that had been stolen from the same incident where the DNR pistol was stolen
- 1 Smith & Wesson .40 with serial number DWE8396. This pistol was not shown to be stolen.
- 1 Beretta 9mm with serial number BER286325. This pistol was not shown to be stolen.
- 1 ATI GSC-522 .22 Caliber rifle with serial number A407332. This pistol was not shown to be stolen.
- 1 camouflage body armor fragmentation vest.
Willis is currently out of jail on a $10,000 bond from a June 29 arrest for drug charge, the sheriff's office says. He's expected to turn himself in Friday.
“I wanted to thank and recognize the citizens that helped us solve this and the hard work of the detectives and deputies who helped make this case. These are serious charges,” Sheriff Duane Lewis said.